INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please - trying to remove all files from an old hard drive from the library  (Read 2570 times)

captainsadness

My old drive went bad.  I removed it.  But I can't figure out how to remove the songs from the media library.  I've updated the import folders (by removing the lost drive) and run auto-import.  But all the old files are still listed.  And of course if you select them the files cannot be found.  Just want to remove them from library.
Thanks for any help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Just select the Files View under Audio,
then search using the search box in the top right corner of MC Standard View for the old hard drive letter, such as "E:\" or whatever the drive was, assuming that you haven't let another drive take that letter,
check that only the files from the old disk are shown,
press Delete and select "Remove from media library" only.

Done.

There are other ways, and settings that could have made this automatic, but the above will work even in MC18 and is very simple.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up