INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver For Android - Stuttered Playback  (Read 779 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver For Android - Stuttered Playback
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:59:11 pm »

Using the JRFA app on my Samsung Galaxy S8, if I switch JRFA to the background playback becomes stuttered and weirdly the song also slows down! This occurs every time but not instantly, usually after a few seconds. Eg if I open google maps and JRFA is running in the background after 10-30 seconds it happens.

If I switch JRFA back to the foreground it runs fine again. This is regardless of whether I play files locally from my phone or cloudplay.

Also, if the phone goes into standby, playback stops and resumes when I unlock the phone.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver For Android - Stuttered Playback
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:04:21 pm »

Turn off battery management for JRiver for Android.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 10:48:52 pm »

Turn off battery management for JRiver for Android.

Thanks! Actually it was the opposite, I enabled JRFA to use battery in the background but thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Love this app! Stream your music collection from your mobile to your car, love it!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 11:49:08 pm »

Yeah, I knew I didn't have it exactly right, but close enough.

I just checked my Sony Xperia XZ Premium running Android 9 and noted that these days you actually set an exception to allow the App to use battery in the background. I think it used to be the other way around on earlier Android versions.

Anyway, the reason for posting again is that JRiver for Android stays active on my phone, but it doesn't actually have an exception to allow it to run in the background. It works anyway. Keeps playing music when the phone screen goes to sleep. Stays available as a DLNA target even once I have started it.

Maybe that is just a difference between Samsung and Sony.

Maybe it is because I allow Notifications for JRiver for Android.

I thought I had to allow background battery use for MO 4Media. But I have just turned that off and it continues to work fine with the phone screen off. I have Notifications turned on for MO 4Media as well.

Android is a bit of a mystery some times.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 12:23:17 am »

I've just also noticed that when a call comes in the JRFA app pauses but when the call is ended, the app will not resume (playing Cloudplay files). In fact I have to either reboot my phone or play a local track to get audio again and it's a bit hit and miss :(

Pages: [1]   Go Up