INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for the best CableCard solution  (Read 1241 times)

Absinthe

Looking for the best CableCard solution
« on: September 22, 2019, 11:41:19 pm »

So last year about this time I was about to pull the trigger on the InfiniTV 4 PCIe card and integrate this into then MC 24.  Unfortunately, life intervened and it never happened.  Now I find that Im ready to make this jump but now the InfiniTV 4 is no longer available, neither is the HDHomeRun Prime and the Prime 6 is not available (yet?)

Does anyone have some reliable information on what is actually going to be available between now and Christmas and/or what cable card hardware work with MC (now version 25)??

Specifically it has to be cable orientated and work with Xfinity, and JRiver MC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Looking for the best CableCard solution
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:20:34 am »

I am surprised that HDHomeRun Prime 6 is no where to be found.  I thought they were available a long time ago, but I may be mistaken.  They still advertise it.

InfiniTV and HDHomeRun are the two devices that I personally have experience with.  Hauppauge may still make some such devices, but I have never used them.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:31:36 am »

I think your best bet is to find a used HDHR Prime because they work with MC, and they are still supported.  I know there are a lot of these on ebay right now but you might have to be patient to find one at a decent price.  If you choose to go with a ceton Infinitv just be aware that you will have issues installing their software on newer versions of Windows 10.  You could also look at a Hauppauge WinTV cablecard tuner but I don't have any experience with those.  The prime 6 is set to come out at some point this year but it has been pushed back quite a few times so I wouldn't rely on that just yet.  3 tuners is usually enough for me anyway. 

Absinthe

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 07:25:51 pm »

I am surprised that HDHomeRun Prime 6 is no where to be found.  I thought they were available a long time ago, but I may be mistaken.  They still advertise it.

InfiniTV and HDHomeRun are the two devices that I personally have experience with.  Hauppauge may still make some such devices, but I have never used them.

Im amazed too.  Even the SiliconDust's own web site says they will be available in 2019...…..well, were almost ten months into the year and no product.  Can't find it on any of their "buy products here" sites so I have to assume it hasn't been released uet  :(

Absinthe

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 07:27:03 pm »

Thanks jachin99 and Yaobing appreciate your input

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 09:08:56 pm »

Ceton Corp went bust years ago, didn't they? Around 2015. Their web site is gone. Software isn't available. http://cetoncorp.com/support/

They apparently still have two employees though... maybe. https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/0282338D:US

I wouldn't buy any secondhand Ceton products at this time. I'm sure if people are selling them now, it is because they no longer work. Particularly on Windows 10.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up