INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: @ Matt: How goes progress with Monkey's Audio?  (Read 993 times)

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
@ Matt: How goes progress with Monkey's Audio?
« on: January 19, 2003, 06:50:50 pm »

I've really gone APE about archiving my audio files.  One time only to rip; then as I try new lossy compression formats, I just encode from the *.ape files; never have to rip the same tracks again!

One little irritation I'm finding is that while Monkey's Audio format, Case's Tag, and foobar2000 support APE v2 tags; MJ8 and Winamp do not!  The only info visible in Winamp is the same as in ID3v1.1; MJ8 shows only the same frames as for all other audio formats.  Even Monkey's Audio's GUI doesn't show any more frames than you can see in ID3v1.1.

Where can I find support for APE v2 tags?

I know you're busy with MC9 (v1.0?), but do you think there will soon be any new plugins to support APE's v2 tags?

BTW, maybe you could stop by your own MA forums and quiet the restless there.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Re: @ Matt: How goes progress with Monkey's Audio?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 04:04:50 pm »

bump
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: @ Matt: How goes progress with Monkey's Audio?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 11:28:38 am »

Hey LCthDJ,

The latest MC 9 reads / writes APEv2 tags.  If you don't mind, try it with Case's stuff and foobar2000 to make sure everything is working right.

An updated release of Monkey's Audio is on the horizon, but Media Center does everything we need, so it sort of doesn't matter that much...

Thanks!

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up