INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ratings not shown in theater view  (Read 1173 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Ratings not shown in theater view
« on: September 25, 2019, 01:31:47 pm »

I'm not sure if I need to enable this somewhere or what but I'm not getting TV ratings for programs in my guide.  I checked my guide data, and I see a rating for a sample show.  I'm on .104

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Ratings not shown in theater view
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 06:34:16 pm »

TV ratings are saved in "MPAA Rating" field.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 09:20:05 pm »

Would there be a reason why MPAA ratings aren't being mapped from my guide data to that field in MC?  Also under tools/theater view\advanced\tag fields to show\video I added MPAA rating.  Blurays seem to all have ratings in their tags, and they show in theater view but i'm not seeing any MPAA ratings for shows, even when I manually input them.  I believe this is true from both sidecar files generated from guide data, and sidecar files generated from your scanner. 

jachin99

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 08:36:55 am »

I tried manually tagging a TV show to see what would happen.  In the screenshot you can see I filled in the value (I did this twice with two different ratings just to be sure) but its not reflected in the sidecar file, or in theater view. 

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 09:08:21 am »

I get a TV Access rating from your scanners, and that shows in theater view.  I don't get a MPAA rating from the scanner, and when I add the value it doesn't show in theater view.  My guide data has us tv ratings but it doesn't look like its being mapped to the Access rating field that shows in theater view.  I can take a second look but it appears that my choices are preserve the original metadata from my guide data and get not rating, or let your scanners pickup the the show data, and get a rating.  I would like to preserve the original if that's possible.  Your scanners don't always pickup the correct show data, or at times they just can't find it, which makes it easier on my end to preserve the original.  When I try to use metadata from a mix of the scanner, and the original guide data MC displays the show as two different series, and it creates confusion for someone who is just trying to watch their show.  When you get some time to look at this are you able to reproduce the problem, or suggest any fixes? 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 12:20:28 pm »

I will take a look.  It is possible that we fail to map certain ratings.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jachin99

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 09:16:52 pm »

Maybe not entirely vital at the moment but I want to also make a note the TMDB seems to use MPAA rating when movies are scanned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up