INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view vertical scrolling doesn't look as smooth in MC25  (Read 1352 times)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater view vertical scrolling doesn't look as smooth in MC25
« on: September 30, 2019, 04:49:55 am »

Has anyone else noticed that vertical scrolling of album/movie posters in Theater View doesn't look as smooth or nice as it did in MC24 and previous versions?

When you hold the arrow key or remote button down to scroll fast, the scrolling used to be nice and smooth, with a fast blur of all the posters zooming up or down, filling the whole screen (except the roller bar up top of course).

Now in MC25, it's different. Faster maybe?  But only the top of bottom row (depending on direction) has posters on it, and the rest of the screen is empty.  Like it's scrolling to fast for the other posters to paint?

It doesn't look as nice, and you can't see what you're doing as well, so it's harder to know when to stop, when only one row is being displayed as it zooms by.

It's not a video driver issue, as I have several MC versions installed on the same PC, and all the scrolling is the same nice effect, except MC25.  It's not about OpenGL/D3D, because selecting either option in MC24 gives the same nice effect.  There's no option now of course in 25, and the scrolling looks worse.  :(

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Theater view vertical scrolling doesn't look as smooth in MC25
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 10:54:42 am »

That sounds odd. We haven't really changed Theater View core functions much in MC25. The only thing we did was disable the legacy D3D method, but if as you say MC24 was fine in OpenGL mode, then that wouldn't be related.
I'll do some digging in a bit and see if I can reproduce any differences.

Also, since MC25 is already out over half a year, did this just start recently as well?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 12:27:34 pm »

Also, since MC25 is already out over half a year, did this just start recently as well?

I couldn't say.  The system I normally use theater view on didn't have 25 on it until recently, so I wasn't messing much in theater view in 25 until I did that album rating article a while back.

Thanks for looking Hendrik.

wer

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 05:22:15 pm »

Hendrik, to help you track this down I tested all versions of MC25 available to me.

I can say with certainty:

All versions up to and including 25.0.49 do NOT have this issue.  They scroll beautifully.
All versions starting with 25.0.59 and up DO have this issue. Scrolling not as good.

The problem was introduced between .49 and .59, but I don't have any of those versions to be more specific.

Hopefully that will help you isolate this.

Thanks,

Will

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 02:58:56 am »

Thanks, that should be helpful.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 02:18:31 pm »

Just wondering if you'd been able to take a look at this, Hendrik?

wer

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 10:48:53 pm »

Now that the rush to get MC26 out is over, could this possibly get a little attention, please?

I put a lot of effort into testing versions to isolate exactly where the issue was introduced...
Pages: [1]   Go Up