INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25 & VPNs  (Read 1846 times)

wellywu

• World Citizen
JRiver Media Center 25 & VPNs
« on: October 04, 2019, 12:32:18 am »

I am happy to report that JRiver Media Center version 25.0.108 64 bit Master License is working with virtual private networks. I restored Linux Mint 19.2 64 bit "Tina" GNU/Linux on my mid-2017 ASUS ROG STRIX GL702ZC gaming notebook PC and I installed and licensed Media Center. I imported my media library successfully. I connected to the Ivacy New Jersey VPN gateway server via OpenVPN protocol. Then, I proceeded to play numerous TV shows, videos and movies flawlessly. No crashes while playing videos while connected to a VPN again for the Linux build version. It seems to be fixed. Thank you to the JRiver team. I was concerned that this would not get patched, but it did. I really appreciate it.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 25 & VPNs
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 03:50:04 pm »

It didn't work before .108? I have been using it with l2tp on my notebook before to get... well home.. because that's where my music is.

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:27:03 pm »

I have an old thread in the Media Center 24 Linux sub-forum in which I stated that when the media server is configured and turned on, Media Center 24 in its latest version constantly crashes when playing video content while connected to a VPN.

With 25.0.108 64 bit Master License and the Linux version, I did not configure and turn on the media server and it plays videos just fine while connected to a VPN. So, this is why I created two separate threads on Interact.

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 10:20:37 am »

On my mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC running Linux Mint 19.2 64 bit "Tina" GNU/Linux and JRiver Media Center 25.0.108 64 bit Master License, I am able to connect to any Ivacy VPN gateway server and look at pictures and watch videos. When I disconnect from my VPN, it continues to just work. This seems to be fixed permanently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up