INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id unable to start playback (sporadic)  (Read 740 times)

AlexSind

• Recent member
Id unable to start playback (sporadic)
« on: October 09, 2019, 07:17:11 am »

I've encountered an intermittent problem with Id's playback.
After it's idle for some hours, if I add tracks, and start playing, by touching the 1st added track in JRemote, nothing happens: JRemote is circling within the starting seconds of the track, and when I remote to the Id, I see that nothing is playing, but the Start Play button has changed to the Pause one (as if JRiver thinks it is playing, or is attempting to do so).
If I then touch the same track in JRemote again, nothing happens (see the attached log capturing this behavior).
If I press the stop button, and then touch the same track, it plays fine.

What may be causing this? If my USB drive is slow to wake up, could JRiver time-out trying to fetch the file, but not fully reset its play state? I'm attaching the log of this subsequent behavior (when, prior to hitting Stop, touching the same track in JRemote does not do anything). Search for "playing" or "Busoni".
If this is not enough, I can keep logging on, and capture the 1st play attempt that leads to this.

AlexSind

• Recent member
Re: Id unable to start playback (sporadic)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 09:02:10 am »

I captured another log with the initial failed play (search for "processing play").
The only errors I see these ones:

1027878: 140333108619008: Sharing Plugins: CTCPSocketReader::Read: Read failed: Resource temporarily unavailable (11) (socket: 55)

0972730: 140333125404416: Sharing Plugins: CHTTPRequestMessage::ReadPreamble: Failed to read Method

AlexSind

• Recent member
Re: Id unable to start playback (sporadic)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 11:40:33 am »

I think I localized the conditions causing this to occur: if I switch off my USB DAC, before the Id has completely finished playing (perhaps, some extra silence at the end of the track), it gets into this weird state.
Pages: [1]   Go Up