INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control over one JRiver server to others  (Read 1401 times)

hoffahoo

• Recent member
Control over one JRiver server to others
« on: October 16, 2019, 11:53:44 am »

I was a bit lazy to look around if there is a solution for my problem, but I ask the same.

I have JRiver Mediacenter 25 Master License and got it running on Ubuntu and several Windows 10 operating systems. I also use JRemote on iPhone to stream my library on the go. The one on Ubuntu runs as server and others are connected to this library. I would like to control all the Mediacenters from others and it works on local network when I load the library from one I want to handle. The servers library can be loaded only on the one that I want to control and play media.

I would like to control all the Mediacenters without changing the library loaded and also outside my local network. This is possible with my miniDSP SHD (Volumio) which works as DLNA device connected to the Mediacenter on Ubuntu, but not on the Mediacenters. Is there something on the settings that could ease me with this and provide a solution?

hoffahoo

• Recent member
Re: Control over one JRiver server to others
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 01:48:39 pm »

It seems like my question has been noticed and the situation has changed due some recent updates. There is a version 25 still running on Ubuntu (as server) and JRemote on iPhone connected to it has ability to control Volumio powered SHD when they all are connected to the same JRiver on Ubuntu. Nice thing and thanks! I believe it works just the same with several JRiver Mediacenters.

hoffahoo

• Recent member
Re: Control over one JRiver server to others
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 11:51:18 pm »

It seems like my question has been noticed and the situation has changed due some recent updates. There is a version 25 still running on Ubuntu (as server) and JRemote on iPhone connected to it has ability to control Volumio powered SHD when they all are connected to the same JRiver on Ubuntu. Nice thing and thanks! I believe it works just the same with several JRiver Mediacenters.

Now I noticed the real reason for JRemote starting to work as remote control device. There is a switch on the settings of JRemote how the zones are controlled. For other zones to listen to current JRemote, you need to switch on the tab "Server follows app zone changes".

Pages: [1]   Go Up