INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 25.0.116 -- Available Here  (Read 1102 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 25.0.116 -- Available Here
« on: October 21, 2019, 09:17:04 am »

Preview build 25.0.116 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

25.0.116 (10/15/2019)

1. Fixed: Getting a stack image for a folder would cause a crash if the folder was empty.
2. Fixed: Changes in Android 10 were causing crashes.

25.0.95 (8/23/2019)

1. Changed: Panel - Improved the performance when browsing categories.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a last action option to the top of the file context menu.
3. Changed: Panel - The Cloudplay playlists section will render much faster.
4. Changed: Panel - The Cloudplay playlists button will show up after the list of playlists has finished loading.
5. Fixed: Panel - The Cloudplay token could become invalid, but Panel would still think it was valid.
6. Changed: Panel - Removed the sign out button from the Cloudplay page now that the issue with invalid tokens is fixed.
7. Changed: Panel - The additional playback controls menu will now hide after making a selection.
8. Fixed: Panel - Clearing the playing now list when it was empty would cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Panel - The playback state would sometimes get set incorrectly when playing to a zone other than the browser.
10. Changed: Panel - The Playlists button on the Cloudplay page now shows as loading until it receives the list of Cloudplay playlists.
11. NEW: Panel - Added lists for latest and popular Cloudplay playlists to the Cloudplay page.
12. Changed: Panel - The volume slider will display the current volume level when actively using it or when hovering over it.
13. Changed: Panel - When actively using the main thumbnail page slider, the display showing the letter selected will be in the center of the page.
14. Changed: Panel - Cloudplay favorites and all playlists are sorted alphabetically.
15. Changed: Panel - If accessing the Cloudplay page when playing to the browser, the user will be redirected to the home page with a message.
16. Changed: Panel - On the Cloudplay page, only one list can be expanded at a time. Expanding a new list will collapse the previous list.

25.0.88 (8/6/2019)

1. NEW: Starting to implement Media Session to allow playback control from other devices.
2. NEW: Added some improvements to the handling of data and control over Bluetooth.
3. Changed: The notification window was sometimes collapsed by default.

25.0.85 (7/30/2019)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when closing the notification window.
2. Fixed: Cover art was not displaying in the notification window.
3. Fixed: Panel - Cover art was not loading when playing certain streams, like Radio Paradise.
4. Changed: JRiver for Android will start if the initial permission request is denied, but it will display a warning.
5. Fixed: JRiver for Android will not display a broken page link during the initial permission request.

25.0.84 (7/26/2019)

1. Fixed: JRiver for Android was crashing when starting up.

25.0.83 (7/25/2019)

1. NEW: Implemented 32-bit and 64-bit versions of JRiver for Android. The Play store should automatically select and install the appropriate version.
2. Changed: Panel - Added a sign out button to the Cloudplay page.

25.0.80 (7/22/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added Cloudplay to JRiver for Android.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Settings page, in the Library tab, to run auto-import.
3. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Playing Now page menu that will swap the slider between volume and playback if only one is displayed.
4. NEW: Panel - Added an option to clear the playing now list in the options menu on the playing now page.
5. Changed: Panel - Changed the Information tab title on the Settings page to Library.
6. NEW: Added SSL support to JRiver for Android so streaming options (i.e. Radio Paradise, Cloudplay) should work now.

25.0.45 (5/31/2019)

1. NEW: Added support for playing images to the local player zone.

25.0.19 (4/5/2019)

1. Fixed: Panel - Search results were not getting loaded when using an expression as the search parameter.
2. Fixed: Import was not finding files in folders with square brackets in the folder name.
3. NEW: Implemented the Android audio manager to handle audio focus messages.
4. NEW: Added the ability to play local audio files to JRiver for Android from the Android file browser.
5. Fixed: Stopping the service while the current zone was a remote zone could prevent the service from starting again.

25.0.16 (3/27/2019)

1. NEW: The Android app now uses gapless playback as the default.
2. NEW: Added cover art to the notification window.
3. Changed: The notification window will update if the zone is changed.
4. Changed: Lowered the channel priority of the notification window so it won't make noise.
5. Changed: Don't show the notification badge on the app icon when the notification window is active.
6. Changed: Added a settings button to the notification window that will open the settings page in Panel.

BradATIMA

Re: JRiver for Android 25.0.116 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:19:49 am »

For any users running Android 10, please report if the crash at start-up is resolved and if importing still works.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 10:32:34 am »

For any users running Android 10, please report if the crash at start-up is resolved and if importing still works.

Still crashing for me (Pixel 3).

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 10:56:21 am »

Are you sure it's up to date?

If it is up to date, you could try clearing the application cache and possibly even uninstalling and reinstalling it.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 12:06:19 pm »

Are you sure it's up to date?

If it is up to date, you could try clearing the application cache and possibly even uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Yes, I checked in the app info and reset cache.  I'll try removing and reinstalling.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 12:12:16 pm »

Uninstall/ reinstall did work.  I'm fine doing that to get it work again of course, but I haven't had to do that with any of the other 200 apps on my phone, so I have to bet most users wouldn't bother.  More people will be upgrading to 10 soon, so hopefully that won't be necessary.

Edit: Also - thank you, glad to have it back.  As much as I like VLC, it kind of sucks on Android :)

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 03:00:22 pm »

I guess this is not compatible with Android Shield.  I just tried from the URL and says it's not compatible.  I thought this was coming.  In fact I recall you were testing with a Shield?  If you have a version compatible with the Shield, it should show up in the google play store for Shield compatible apps (it doesn't).

What's the latest?  I got an e-mail dated 9/13/2019 showing it running on an NVIDIA Shield.  How about an update and a target date when we might expect it to show up in the play store.

Thanks, Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up