INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cdplayer.ini  (Read 1136 times)

Craig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
cdplayer.ini
« on: October 22, 2019, 03:34:43 am »

Where does MC look for cdplayer.ini?

I've tried to use the lookup a couple of times recently and it's failed.

My database program is exporting it to /users/Craig/Documents.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: cdplayer.ini
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 05:01:16 pm »

Hmmm, MC doesn't seem to be writing it anymore when a CD is submitted to YADB, and according to the Wiki it is supposed to. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/CDPlayer.ini

I can't find any CDPlayer.ini file on my PC.

Maybe MC doesn't read these files anymore?
Maybe this functionality is broken?

Also, annoyingly, I submitted a CD I had ripped, which had correct metadata, and then tried doing a YADB lookup on it, and the process got about four of ten files wrong, changing the metadata to incorrect values, mostly the Album. Thank goodness for Crtl+Z !
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 08:51:08 am »

I believe we read and write to the cdplayer.ini in the Windows directory.  On my system it's at C:\Windows\cdplayer.ini and it does have the last few CDs I inserted in it.

We don't have support for redirecting to a different cdplayer.ini currently.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 04:28:12 pm »

Interesting.

As I said, I don't have any CDPlayer.ini on my C: drive, anywhere. I suspect Windows 10 doesn't allow writing to the C:\Windows directory, and so the file never gets written anymore.

I run my Workstation where I searched with an Administrator account. I just created a CDPlayer.ini file on a separate disc and tried to copy it into the C:\Windows directory. I got a "File Access Denied" popup. I could complete the copy/paste, but I needed to click the Continue button to do so. MC wouldn't cater to that popup I'm sure, so UAC is going to prevent the writing of the file.

You must have changed permissions to allow writing to the C:\Windows directory Matt.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 06:49:45 pm »

I might have been running as administrator in the debugger.  Not sure where things will go due to UAC.  Something to test...

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 03:57:30 am »

I was trying to get MC to read from it but I can set my database to try and write it to C:\windows instead.

Craig

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 07:56:42 am »

I was wondering if Windows Media Player wrote to a different cdplayer.ini, but as far as I could tell it doesn't write at all.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 12:34:45 pm »

I was trying to get MC to read from it but I can set my database to try and write it to C:\windows instead.

Craig
Can you explain the process you use involving a "database program", cdplayer.ini, and Media Center?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 03:35:54 am »

Can you explain the process you use involving a "database program", cdplayer.ini, and Media Center?
When I buy a new cd I rip it in MC then add it to my cataloguing program Catraxx. If MC doesn't find it in the online database then I'll put it in CaTraxx first, that uses CDDb/Gracenote. If it's found there (which it usually is) then I'll export it to Cdplayer.ini, rip it with MC and submit it to the online database.

Craig

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 10:51:41 am »

Where does CaTraxx look for the cdplayer.ini file?  If it's in the Windows directory, CaTraxx would have to pop a UAC window to ask permission to write to the file.  If it's stored somewhere else, its possible that Media Center could be modified to accept an alternate cdplayer.ini location.  Matt?

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 04:11:00 am »

Catraxx can me made to save cdplayer.ini anywhere but when I set it to C:\Windows it failed, presumably due to UAC.

I guess it would be the same with any program so maybe a new default location needs to be found?

Craig

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 11:36:02 am »

A workaround for you until MC accepts an alternate location would be for you to manually copy the cdplayer.ini file to the Windows directory prior to ripping with Media Center in your process.
Pages: [1]   Go Up