INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with smartlist rule using "Image File" "Contains"  (Read 424 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Problem with smartlist rule using "Image File" "Contains"
« on: October 29, 2019, 03:19:20 pm »

I've found an anomaly relating to the use of the "contains" verb in rules for smart lists, specifically when the first term for the rule is "Image File". When you specify "contains" for the second term (the verb), the smartlist rules can be evaluated correctly, right then, while the "Edit Smartlist" panel is open. But if you close the panel and re-open it, the verb "contains" gets changed to "is", and the contents of the smartlist changes if you apply that (newly modified) rule.

There are two screen grabs attached which illustrate this. The sequence is:

• Create a smartlist. First rule is "Media Type" "is" "Audio". Second rule is "Image File" "contains" <some path you're trying to isolate>. Hit "Apply" and you get the results you're looking for (in my case, a file with artwork in a folder containing the string "YellowTower"). See screenshot Contains.jpg, taken at this point. It shows the Edit Smartlist panel as well as the resulting contents of the list.
  • Now hit OK to close out the "Edit Smartlist" panel.
  • Edit the smartlist. Note that the verb "contains" in the second rule has been changed to "is" although the contents of the smartlist have not yet changed.
  • Now hit "Apply". The contents of the smartlist changes. See screenshot switchToIs.jpg. The verb is now "is" and the contents of the smartlist are empty (because in this case I have no files whose full artwork path is "YellowTower").
MC 25.0.108
macOS 10.15
Pages: [1]   Go Up