INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing FLAC fom "E" drive  (Read 777 times)

littlegreenalien

• Recent member
Playing FLAC fom "E" drive
« on: October 29, 2019, 10:57:07 pm »

Hello.
I just recently moved my flac music folders from "C" storage drive to "E" storage drive to free up space from "C" drive. Now I can't find any of it on jriver. How do I set it up to where jriver can locate those flac music folders and play them? Thanx.

Absinthe

Re: Playing FLAC fom "E" drive
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:34:45 pm »

Hello.
I just recently moved my flac music folders from "C" storage drive to "E" storage drive to free up space from "C" drive. Now I can't find any of it on jriver. How do I set it up to where jriver can locate those flac music folders and play them? Thanx.

The easiest way IMHO would have been to move them inside MC.  Check out the wiki

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Moving_Files

With the physical files relocated, I'd probably delete them from the library (delete from the library only, don't delete them from the disk) and re-import them from their new location. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 11:56:08 pm »

With the physical files relocated, Id probably delete them from the library (delete from the library only, don't delete them from the disk) and re-import them from their new location.

That would result in any tags that are only in the Library, and not in the files or sidecar files, being lost.

Select all the flac files, then use the https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files function's "Find & Replace" functionality to find "C:\" and replace with "E:\".

There are a heap of threads on the forum discussing exactly this issue. Re-importing is not the best solution. It would in fact be better to move all the files back to C:\ and then use the MC RM&CF function to move them from within MC, rather than re-import.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Absinthe

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:19:35 am »

That would result in any tags that are only in the Library, and not in the files or sidecar files, being lost.

Pretty sure Glynor posted some time ago that the tags aren't lost.  Several times I've deleted tracks from my library and reimported them from different locations with no loss of metadata. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 06:00:56 am »

Yeah, that is true if the files are deleted from the Library, which means they are recorded in the Removed Database, and then re-imported and MC detects that they are the same files. If there have been directory and filename changes MC may think they are new files.

The "Find & Replace" works every time, if the same directory structure is used and just the drive letter has changed. It is fast, unlike re-importing. Thumbnails don't need to be rebuilt. Cover Art will work straight away. Etc.

Re-importing should always be the last choice, for the above and no doubt other reasons.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up