INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't know the feasibility of this...  (Read 1082 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
I don't know the feasibility of this...
« on: October 31, 2019, 02:23:11 pm »

but I would love an online database of JRiver user's expressions, added tag fields, and skins in one place.

It would allow certified users to upload and download to a server, allowing easy access for sharing enhancements and customizations.  Have an information field where the user could describe what their customization does, as well as a comment field. 

blgentry

Re: I don't know the feasibility of this...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:55:29 am »

There's an MC page for skins and plugins.  But it's quite out of date with many really old versions that I don't think work with the current versions of MC.  It should probably be cleaned up in some way.

I like your idea of a repository of expressions and customizations!  Glynor has written several very comprehensive articles on how to use sets of expressions he has written to do specific tasks.  Those posts should DEFINITELY be part of this.  I have several views that might belong there.  Things like "cover art review" and "duplicate finder".

Not sure what the best presentation is for that.  Anyone have any brilliant ideas of how to make something like this easily browsable, searchable, etc?

Brian.

onix565

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 10:28:13 am »

There's an MC page for skins and plugins.  But it's quite out of date with many really old versions that I don't think work with the current versions of MC.  It should probably be cleaned up in some way.

I like your idea of a repository of expressions and customizations!  Glynor has written several very comprehensive articles on how to use sets of expressions he has written to do specific tasks.  Those posts should DEFINITELY be part of this.  I have several views that might belong there.  Things like "cover art review" and "duplicate finder".

Not sure what the best presentation is for that.  Anyone have any brilliant ideas of how to make something like this easily browsable, searchable, etc?

Brian.

+1  :D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 04:06:22 pm »

Glynor has written several very comprehensive articles on how to use sets of expressions he has written to do specific tasks.  Those posts should DEFINITELY be part of this.

Awww, shucks guys.  :-[  ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 05:59:44 am »

+1 from me as well.

Given how much freedom JRiver gives to customize MC, there definitely should be a better community platform.
Pages: [1]   Go Up