INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minimal Audio Path  (Read 1118 times)

JunoAudio

• Recent member
Minimal Audio Path
« on: November 02, 2019, 09:10:00 am »

Refinement in the audio chain, by creating a minimal efficient audio and programming path.

The audio file would be played at the original sample rate and bit depth then passed to the audio driver directly. No internal volume or DSP involvement - full range signal.

The DSP options should start with pure path, this would be the simplest path as above.

Then maybe VST plugins after that, then the output format section directly to the audio driver.

The Volume levelling and Adaptive volume should be after VST and output format

‘Process independently of volume’ should be the default condition in the DSP. If the process is required then it should be added in rather than taken away.

This will refine the audio path coming closer to the Mastering software available.

As I'm not a programmer there maybe some code/audio caveat that are required like dithering etc, but you will know that.

Many Thanks.

Using version MC 25.0.113   Win 10 64 bit - 1903

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Minimal Audio Path
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 10:36:34 am »

MC's audio handling is unsurpassed.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 10:53:53 am »

Refinement in the audio chain, by creating a minimal efficient audio and programming path.

The audio file would be played at the original sample rate and bit depth then passed to the audio driver directly. No internal volume or DSP involvement - full range signal.

The DSP options should start with pure path, this would be the simplest path as above.

Then maybe VST plugins after that, then the output format section directly to the audio driver.

The Volume levelling and Adaptive volume should be after VST and output format

‘Process independently of volume’ should be the default condition in the DSP. If the process is required then it should be added in rather than taken away.

This will refine the audio path coming closer to the Mastering software available.

As I'm not a programmer there maybe some code/audio caveat that are required like dithering etc, but you will know that.

Many Thanks.

in case you were unaware You can do most of that by dragging the order of process in dsp studio
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JunoAudio

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 05:39:55 am »

While I appreciate that some of these features can be disabled. I wonder why I should have to disable them to improve the signal/process efficiency, if you like the feature then add it in.

The path should be a clean as possible to recreate the studio master as intended and then add features sympathetically as required.
For example if you would like volume levelling and adaptive volume then you are smearing the original studio master and this should come after VST or output format. If this is required before because of programming requirements then enable the feature and restart the program as they should not have any part in studio quality audio even in disabled mode.

Also there are DSP features in the list that are not enabled that you can in ‘options’ process independently of internal volume, this does not make any sense.

I am enthusiastic that there is significant room for improvement here, I can guarantee this by comparing to other sources. Please at least review the audio structure in MC26 and make it significantly better, I am looking forward to this.

Thanks.

Using version MC 25.0.113   Win 10 64 bit - 1903

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 06:39:52 am »

I wonder why I should have to disable them to improve the signal/process efficiency, if you like the feature then add it in.
all DSP studio features are disabled by default

I am enthusiastic that there is significant room for improvement here, I can guarantee this by comparing to other sources.
can you give some examples?
Pages: [1]   Go Up