INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does not recognize cds.  (Read 1790 times)

artisjr

• Recent member
Does not recognize cds.
« on: November 03, 2019, 05:54:01 pm »

Hello,

Please be patient, I'm not up to date with posting things. However, I need some help. I have a new MAC and have downloaded the new macOS Catalina a few weeks ago. Before the new update, I was able to rip compact discs (CDs) from J River using a Apple USB super drive. Since the update, I have also downloaded the new patch (25.0.108) that was provided by this site. I noticed a few things:

- I used to see one JRiver (or media center 25 icon) now I see two or sometime three.
- When I put my cd in the USB super drive, I see iTunes pop up - that's normal - but I see under "drives & devices", an orange CD icon that says "Audio CD (/dev/rdisk4). When I click on the icon to play, nothing happens. Also I see "No disc in this drive".

Am I missing something?

Thanks

and when I put a cd in the drive, iTunes pops

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Does not recognize cds.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 08:55:33 am »

Go to the System Preferences panel.
CD's & DVD's
When you insert a Music CD: set either ignore or choose application (Media Center 25)

Security and Privacy
Files and Folders
Media Center 25
Removable volumes should be checked (when MC was running you should have been prompted for this).

You might need the latest build. I tested this with 25.0.115

artisjr

• Recent member
Re: Does not recognize cds.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 11:39:07 am »

Thank you so much! It works now...

percell

artisjr

• Recent member
USB
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 01:31:45 pm »

Hello,

I hope you can help. I perfer playing music in my car via USB. I download songs from a few sites like Prop Master and HD track. I always download them FLAC. Another opition is for me to download from Amazon using MP3.

A few Days ago I purchased the CD Hell Freezes Over by the Eagles. I used JRiver to ripped the songs on USB. When I got in my car to play the Eagles, my display said “loading error” all other songs played as normal. Am I missing something by ripping songs using JRiver onto a USB?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up