INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks keep disappearing  (Read 818 times)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
Tracks keep disappearing
« on: November 05, 2019, 05:32:00 pm »

I've noticed over the last two weeks tracks just disappear from JRiver. I've never had this issue before and the only thing that's changed is I am now using a media server (UnRaid if it matters) where before all files were local.

I'll import two or three new ripped CDs, update tags and then move them to my media server using JRiver's Move, Copy, Rename tool.

Then I'll go back to play one of those CDs in a few days and it's just gone from JRiver.

The files are still on the media server, so I can just drag and drop them back into JRiver, but obviously this is not ideal.

Is this a known bug?

What can I do to troubleshoot this as it seems to be completely random? (of those three new rips, only one disappeared, but this has happened multiple times with different titles imported on different days.)

Does having a client open on a laptop that's sleeping cause this? (maybe when the laptop wakes up, JRiver syncs with it and looses some of the newly added titles?)

Any help would be appreciated.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tracks keep disappearing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 07:50:18 pm »

Is your media server mapped to same drive letter on your client machine?
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 08:39:52 pm »

Is your media server mapped to same drive letter on your client machine?
No, because the server is not mapped on the client machine at all.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 08:45:47 pm »

No, because the server is not mapped on the client machine at all.
Can you describe your set up a bit … a bit confused on how client is expected to access media files on UnRaid if its not mapped there
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 08:49:05 pm »

Can you describe your set up a bit … a bit confused on how client is expected to access media files on UnRaid if its not mapped there
I have JRiver on my main PC (in my office). Unraid is mapped on the main PC.

I also have JRiver on my laptop (Microsoft Surface) that I use in bed/on couch. I run JRiver on the Surface as a client connected to the library on my main PC. Because the main PC is grabbing the files from Unraid and then serving them to the Surface, I never bothered to map Unraid on the Surface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up