INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi - USB connection problem  (Read 1274 times)

MartinC

• Recent member
IdPi - USB connection problem
« on: November 08, 2019, 06:58:22 am »

Connection problem with my RPi 3B & IdPi
Updated a few days ago (before this problem) to Id:24.0.16 MC:25.0.114 Eng:1.0.69
I did some housekeeping on my library in MC on my Windows 10 laptop attached to a Seagate HDD, then sync’d it to my 2TB Crucial SSD.
My IdPi, which I use in my hi-fi system, will not connect to the SSD (I tried using the externally powered HDD but no change).
I’ve seen this referred to before and tried all the solutions but none work.
I’ve changed USB cables, and USB ports on the RPi.
In External Media Menu I’ve tried both Read-Only (my normal setting) and Read Write.
Display Status shows “1K-blocks  Used Available Use% Mounted on”
When I reboot the SSD action light gives 1 short flash, then 3 long flashes before the blank screen, then no more.
In Configure Auto-Import, if I browse the Select Path does not show the SSD.
I’ve had this problem before but it’s always cleared after a short while, this time it’s been a few days with no change.
Any suggestions?  Although I’ve used Windows for many years I have no knowledge of the RPi, so if I need to check anything complicated you may need to explain it step by step!
Thanks
Martin

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi - USB connection problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:01:15 am »

Connection problem with my RPi 3B & IdPi
Updated a few days ago (before this problem) to Id:24.0.16 MC:25.0.114 Eng:1.0.69
I did some housekeeping on my library in MC on my Windows 10 laptop attached to a Seagate HDD, then sync’d it to my 2TB Crucial SSD.
My IdPi, which I use in my hi-fi system, will not connect to the SSD (I tried using the externally powered HDD but no change).
I’ve seen this referred to before and tried all the solutions but none work.
I’ve changed USB cables, and USB ports on the RPi.
In External Media Menu I’ve tried both Read-Only (my normal setting) and Read Write.
Display Status shows “1K-blocks  Used Available Use% Mounted on”
When I reboot the SSD action light gives 1 short flash, then 3 long flashes before the blank screen, then no more.
In Configure Auto-Import, if I browse the Select Path does not show the SSD.
I’ve had this problem before but it’s always cleared after a short while, this time it’s been a few days with no change.
Any suggestions?  Although I’ve used Windows for many years I have no knowledge of the RPi, so if I need to check anything complicated you may need to explain it step by step!
Thanks
Martin
Thanks for the detailed report.
It sounds like the IdPi can't see the filesystem on the SSD for some reason.
Do you know how that's formatted??

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:50:24 am »

My 2TB Crucial SSD is formatted as NTFS, and has been used for 9 months.  My 2TB Seagate is also NTFS.  I have in the past also connected a 16GB thumb drive which is FAT32.  None are connecting now.  Nothing unusual happened this time, it just wasn't seeing the SSD, or the others when I tried them.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 12:53:01 pm »

My 2TB Crucial SSD is formatted as NTFS, and has been used for 9 months.  My 2TB Seagate is also NTFS.  I have in the past also connected a 16GB thumb drive which is FAT32.  None are connecting now.  Nothing unusual happened this time, it just wasn't seeing the SSD, or the others when I tried them.
I'm sending you a PM..

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 09:13:01 am »

After some discussion with Bob in PMs he issued an update.  After running this and resetting read only  / read - write permissions (it was the resetting that was important, not which I chose) and rebooting then my IdPi started auto - importing straight away.  I'm not sure what caused the problem, or whether the update was a one-off for me, but I would like to thank Bob for his help.  I had assumed that it would required me sending the micro SD card back, so this saved me the cost and, more significantly, the time that would have involved.

Thanks Bob, and Deanna for your part in it.
Martin

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 10:05:16 am »

Thanks for your help and report Martin.
It was a generic issue cased by the last update so anyone else that was on IdPi version 24.0.16 would have seen it.
The fix is on the main download now and will update the IdPi version to 24.0.17.
Pages: [1]   Go Up