INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: During Sync to iPod mp3 source changes into video file?  (Read 1757 times)

lightningbit

• Recent member
  • I am .... Just me.....
During Sync to iPod mp3 source changes into video file?
« on: November 12, 2019, 09:02:43 am »

Hi,

I've a strange issue, when syncing audio (mp3, m4a) via MC to my ipod (model A1238)

Some of the mp3 files appear as video files on the iPod (as I can see in the MC interface)
and do not appear on the ipod as an available/playable audio file.

These are downloaded youtube files, converted to MP3 (via MC).
But it does not happen with all downloaded files.

This is how it looks in the MC interface in the ipod view:

Does anyone has the same issue?
Or does anyone have an idea to solve it?

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: During Sync to iPod mp3 source changes into video file?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 04:26:46 pm »

Check the [Media Sub Type] field for the source files in your MC Library. They are probably set to Video, as a result of converting from YouTube.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lightningbit

• Recent member
  • I am .... Just me.....
Re: During Sync to iPod mp3 source changes into video file?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 03:36:03 pm »

Check the [Media Sub Type] field for the source files in your MC Library. They are probably set to Video, as a result of converting from YouTube.

Super, that was it.. the one tag I missed/overlooked when trying to figure this out.
Some were set to TV Show, others to Video.
I just cleared/emptied the [Media Sub Type] tag or field of about 20 problematic files, and now they sync correctly.

Thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up