INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding and Displaying MC Fields  (Read 615 times)

DangerJP

• World Citizen
Adding and Displaying MC Fields
« on: October 18, 2019, 09:10:11 am »

My #1 request :
- The ability to add metadata (or MC fields ?) for different items (artist, composer, genre, publisher, etc.), and a way to display this metadata in standard/theater/JRemote views. Obviously, it would mirror a feature of an other music playback software, but it would be so much more powerful within the MC interface :)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding and Displaying MC Fields
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 10:17:45 am »

My #1 request :- The ability to add metadata (or MC fields ?) for different items (artist, composer, genre, publisher, etc.), and a way to display this metadata in standard/theater/JRemote views. Obviously, it would mirror a feature of an other music playback software, but it would be so much more powerful within the MC interface :)

I must be missing something here as I add custom fields to my MC library all the time. Have never needed to place them in Theater View - but I see I can add any field to the File info panel easily. Maybe you are talking about something a bit more specific.

VP

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 12:11:23 pm »

I must be missing something here as I add custom fields to my MC library all the time. Have never needed to place them in Theater View - but I see I can add any field to the File info panel easily. Maybe you are talking about something a bit more specific.

VP

Yes, you are right, it is possible to create a custom field and ask MC to store one value for each artist, for example (see attached image).

What I would like to have is more flexibility here, i.e., Store one value for each artist/composer/genre/publisher/younameit.

Let's say I want to browse my audio Library by genres. In this case, I'd like to create specific fields for each genre (genre description, genre origins, etc.) and display these fields in a genre view through Theater view.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 03:33:56 pm »

You could do that now easily enough.  Make a new field called Genre Description, choose calculated data and in the expression box put something like this

Code: [Select]
if(isequal([Genre], classical, 8), This is a Classical Description, if(isequal([Genre], Alternative, 8), This is Alternative a Description, No Genre Description))
Add more if statements as needed.

Then when you view a file that is in Classical genre, using my example above, your new Genre Description field would display  "This is Classical Description"

MikeO

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 12:33:15 am »

For custom tag issue

Another route that I use, I have a discussion directory structure 01 rock, 02 classical etc
Then in genre I have 1 orchestras,   2 concerto etc
Then a custom tag Sub Genre say Piano concerto etc, over 100 of these

Thentries create a view withe a rule file path contains 02 classical and add in fieldo
Composer, genre, sub genre . Album

Gives me great differentiation

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 07:41:41 am »

You could do that now easily enough.  Make a new field called Genre Description, choose calculated data and in the expression box put something like this

Code: [Select]
if(isequal([Genre], classical, 8), This is a Classical Description, if(isequal([Genre], Alternative, 8), This is Alternative a Description, No Genre Description))
Add more if statements as needed.

Then when you view a file that is in Classical genre, using my example above, your new Genre Description field would display  "This is Classical Description"

Thanks a lot !

I will try this !
Pages: [1]   Go Up