INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi error  (Read 998 times)

Shack

• Recent member
IdPi error
« on: November 16, 2019, 09:25:33 am »

I am getting an error on an IdPi that says error resolving jriver.com: name or service not known
I've updated, rebooted and entered license key, but can't get anywhere. Thanks for any help.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Id pi error
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 03:43:45 pm »

I am getting an error on id pi that says error resolving jriver.com: name or service not known
I've updated, rebooted and entered license key, but can't get anywhere. Thanks for any help.
Sorry I missed this message.
Did you figure it out?
Sounds like a networking issue.

Nevalti

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 11:25:26 am »

Sorry for the delayed response. I can't even remember how the problem was resolved but it has just happened again.

Looking at the dates, both times were just after I changed to a different router (Firstly BT~Virgin and now Virgin~TendaMesh). The problem seems to be that the IdPi access key seems to remain associated with the previous router, hence the error report saying there were two addresses - when there were not.

My post now is to record that the change of router caused the problem both times and also to advise that got around the problem this time by connecting the IpPi by using the IdPi's IP-address instead of using the IdPi's access key. This proved just as easy and more importantly, it worked.

For the benefit of anyone as computer-illiterate as me, you can find the IP address by looking at the devices connected to your router. In my case, simply by looking at my router's app.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 02:11:55 pm »

Power cycling all equipment might fix it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up