INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote track misordering  (Read 753 times)

eruse

• Recent member
JRemote track misordering
« on: November 17, 2019, 10:52:13 am »

Hi-

I'm using MC 25 for Mac and JRemote 3.29 for iOS (running 12.4.1).  I've noticed that many of my CDs have tracks misordered.  For example, instead of being listed as 1-9, the tracks show as 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 7, 8, 6, 9.  The tracks are appropriately ordered in MC 25.  How can this problem be fixed?

Thanks for the help.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote track misordering
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:07:39 pm »

Hi-

I'm using MC 25 for Mac and JRemote 3.29 for iOS (running 12.4.1).  I've noticed that many of my CDs have tracks misordered.  For example, instead of being listed as 1-9, the tracks show as 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 7, 8, 6, 9.  The tracks are appropriately ordered in MC 25.  How can this problem be fixed?

Thanks for the help.

I find JRemote sometimes misorders tracks if there is a "&" in the album title, and that changing the character from "&" to "and" fixes it.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 03:24:17 am »

Check the sort order for the view JRemote is using.  It is, by definition, a different view than the one you see on your computer screen.  Therefore the sort orders need not match.  You can have the computer view sort by track number, while the JRemote view might be alphabetized.  Changing the standard view the computer uses will not affect the JRemote view, and vice versa.  You must set them individually to sort the way you want.

eruse

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 05:16:30 pm »

Thanks for the replies-

The problem is more widespread that having an "&" in and album title.  In fact, I couldn't find any of my album titles with an & and yet many have misordered tracks.

Regarding the sort order, can you tell me where to set that parameter?  I looked in "Tools"-"Options"-"Media Network"-"Advanced"-"Customize views for JRemote... ."  After selecting "Artist" under "Items to Show-Audio" I added  "Track#" and "Name" both individually and together with "Track#" first followed by "Name."  See attached picture.  When "Track#" was added alone with ascending sort order chosen, the numerical sorting was correct but no track names were displayed.  When "Name" was added alone, the track names were displayed by no track numbers were displayed.  When both were added (as shown in the picture), the numerical track order was correct but no names were displayed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up