INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS: how to get the name / ID of the current playlist ?  (Read 2681 times)

Hagen

• Recent member
MCWS: how to get the name / ID of the current playlist ?
« on: November 19, 2019, 06:51:42 am »

Hi,
I couldn't find any information how to get the name & ID of the current playlist via MCWS.
Maybe someone can help me ?

Regards

Hagen

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MCWS: how to get the name / ID of the current playlist ?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 02:46:13 pm »

Code: [Select]
Playlist
          Get the current playlist.
          Parameters:
             Action: The action to perform with the files (MPL: return MPL playlist; Play: plays files; Save: saves the files (as a playlist in the library, etc.); Serialize: return serialized file array (basically a list of file keys); M3U: saves the list as an m3u). (default: mpl)
             Shuffle: Set to 1 to shuffle the files. (default: )
             ActiveFile: A file key to set as active (used as the file that playback starts with, etc.). (default: -1)
             ActiveFileOnly: Set to 1 to trim the returned files to only contain the active file. (default: )
             PlayMode: Play mode flags delimited by commas (Add: adds to end of playlist; NextToPlay: adds files in the next to play position). (default: )
             Fields: The fields to include in an MPL (use empty to include all fields) (set to Calculated to include calculated fields). (default: )
             NoLocalFilenames: Set to 1 to filter out local filenames from MPL output (since they might be meaningless to a server). (default: )
             PlayDoctor: Set to 1 to change the files to a Play Doctor generated playlist using these files as a seed. (default: )
             SaveMode: Playlist: playlist (overwrites existing; returns ID) (default: )
             SaveName: A backslash delimited path used with the action 'Save'. (default: )
             NoUI: Set to one to put the player in no UI mode. (default: )
             Zone: The zone the command is targetted for. (default: -1)
             ZoneType: The type of value provided in 'Zone' (ID: zone id; Index: zone index; Name: zone name). (default: ID)
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Hagen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 06:15:43 am »

Thanks for the reply !

But as far as I (as an IT layman) can see, I get the content of the current playlist but not the name and ID.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 03:26:37 pm »

You can get a list of all playlists ID, name, path and type from /MCWS/v1/Playlists/List. Not sure how to get the ID of the one you are playing now either.

Though, I'm pretty sure /Playback/Playlist does not actually refer to any playlist. It refers to "the list" you are playing now. If you click on all music and play anything /Playback/Playlist returns all your music.

You can also determine where you are with /MCWS/v1/Playback/Info. Gives you PlayingNowPosition. Not sure what you are trying to achieve. But that's probably sufficient?

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 10:44:48 am »

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52199/MCWS/v1/Playlists/List

There you get an list of all playlists and there id   (xxx.xxx..... put in ip of mc pc)
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me
Pages: [1]   Go Up