INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showtime Question  (Read 1800 times)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Showtime Question
« on: November 26, 2019, 11:06:16 am »

Currently at work so can't play too much.  That said... I did VPN into my home computer and did a quick test on Showtime!  It seems to be working great and configuring it was pretty straightforward. 

I hate to be asking for more after you already delivered pretty huge, but would it be possible to support expressions?  So that something like this would work?

Code: [Select]
1:if(isequal([Compression], DTS, 8), [Pre-Show]=[DTS], [Pre-Show]=[Dolby]))
Thanks for making my request a reality!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Showtime! Question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 11:32:01 am »

I'm not real sure how to do that.

An example search is this:
[Pre-Show]=[THX Intro]

If it evaluated that as an expression, it would want to replace both values in brackets.  For example, [Pre-Show] would be the value of [Pre-Show] for the file at hand.

Not sure if there's any way around that.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 11:34:25 am »

Can Showtime be set to use Smartlists?

• That eliminates the need for a Pre-Show tag and retagging media.
  • It allows for complete customization
  • It allows for modifiers like "limit items to 15"

It would be nice if the movie could be put into the list so there can be both pre and post movie items. For example, I may want music to play after the movie has completed.

It would easier if Showtime! is just another Play option which works with Standard view or Theaterview. Play plays just the movie but Showtime! invokes the list or rules.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 11:40:07 am »

It would be nice if the movie could be put into the list so there can be both pre and post movie items. For example, I may want music to play after the movie has completed.

You could do that now, tag your selected film [Pre-Show] with a value like "Feature"  Then you could have

1[Pre-Show]=[THX Intro]
1[Pre-Show]=[DTS]
3[Pre-Show]=[Trailer]
1[Pre-Show]=[Feature]
1[Pre-Show]=[Outro]

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 11:57:50 am »

If it evaluated that as an expression, it would want to replace both values in brackets.  For example, [Pre-Show] would be the value of [Pre-Show] for the file at hand.

Not a programmer here, so this could be daft, but could you escape the fields with something like # so that it wouldn't replace what's in brackets?  Something like

Code: [Select]
1:if(isequal([Compression], DTS, 8), #[Pre-Show]=[DTS]#, #[Pre-Show]=[Dolby]#))

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 09:13:55 pm »

Mojave, you'll be pleased to know that this works

3:[playlist]=[Test]

audunth

Re: Showtime Question
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 07:36:14 pm »

Can someone explain how to set this up? What does those values mean? Do I have to download trailers and tag them as trailers, or are they downloaded from YouTube or something? What about THX intro, DTS and those other fields? How do I set all of this up?

Every single step from the ground please, I'm not a programmer!
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 12:17:05 pm »

Can someone explain how to set this up? What does those values mean? Do I have to download trailers and tag them as trailers, or are they downloaded from YouTube or something? What about THX intro, DTS and those other fields? How do I set all of this up?

You need to have all the files in your library, nothing will be pulled from the internet.  So, if you want to play a DTS trailer, that DTS trailer will need to be in your library.  If you don't have any of these files and would like some, here is a good place to get you started https://www.demo-world.eu/  They have both Movie Trailers and DTS/THX/Dolby/Etc intros.

Once you have the files in your library, there is a new field in MC called [Pre-Show] which is a convenient place to tag your media. 

Lets say you download 15 movie trailers, 10 DTS intros, and 5 THX intros from the site above.

You would then populate the Pre-Show field for the trailers with the value "Movie Trailer", the DTS intros you'd tag with "DTS" and the THX intros with "THX"

Now lets say you want to show 3 random trailers, 1 DTS intro and 1 THX intro before your movie plays.  You'd setup your preshow with the following values

3:[Pre-Show]=[Movie Trailer]
1:[Pre-Show]=[DTS]
1:[Pre-Show]=[THX]

That said, you actually don't need to use the Pre-Show field.  The above simply a search.  You can use any field you want, say want to play 3 files that have the Comment tag filled in with the value "Popcorn" you could add this to your Showtime settings.

3:[Comment]=[Popcorn]

That should get you started, come back if you have any questions.

audunth

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 12:10:09 pm »

Thank you very much for the exellent, detailed instructions. This should be added to the Wiki  :)

Pretty sure I know how to set it up now. I am using the Genre field to separate my videos, so then I can just use

5[Genre]=[Trailer]

to play 5 random trailers from my library whenever I select Showtime instead of Watch, if I understood it correctly.

Now, it would be fantastic if the Showtime feature also could play trailers from the URLs in the Trailer field for the movies in the library.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 12:19:03 pm »

Note that you need to put a colon after the number of files to play for the parser to work.

For example:
5:[Genre]=[Trailer]
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2019, 01:18:20 pm »

Thanks for the tip, Matt. I figured, since that's how it's set up before I edit the Showtime rules in MC.

However I tried it now, but it only plays the trailers, not the movie, when I select Showtime in Theater View. It just plays the trailers and then goes back to Theater View. If I press Watch the movie starts like ususal, without the trailers of course.

I also verified it works with trailers in the library that aren't downloaded, just links made by selecting "Add the link to my library (no download)" in the YouTube dialog.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 09:08:32 pm »

Is the showtime option launchable from anywhere else besides theater view? 
example: Right-click menu, play options, or play showtime item added under the existing play trailer item.
That same menu appears when you click the menu item below cover art in a thumbnail view scheme (play, tag, menu).
Pages: [1]   Go Up