INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag and drop track files from playlist to external folder  (Read 446 times)

wburkett

• World Citizen
Drag and drop track files from playlist to external folder
« on: November 27, 2019, 08:27:36 am »

Is there any way to select, drag, and drop track files from a playlist to an external folder?  MC won't let me do it the obvious and easy way: select the tracks and drag to an open folder in File Explorer.

"Transfer" doesn't do what I want it to do: it copies the tracks to the external drive but keeps the artist-album-track folder structure.  And I don't want to sync with the device - I just want plain old file copy from MC to the external folder.

(although: if I could sync one specific playlist to one specific folder on my external device, that would work for me.  I can't see how to make MC Sync do this, though)

DrKNo

• World Citizen
Re: Drag and drop track files from playlist to external folder
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:06:01 am »

Huh, clicking and dragging from MC to explorer just copies the files for me, flat, no folder structure. I use Windows. What OS are you using? Maybe the rename/copy file dialog is better suited for what you want to do?

wburkett

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 09:46:05 am »

>Huh, clicking and dragging from MC to explorer just copies the files for me, flat, no folder structure.

Seriously?  That's what I would expect to happen but I get a "banned" symbol when I try to do that.  I'm on Windows 10 MC 25.  I tried the rename/copy function and it looks like it would work, BBUUUTTTTT MC can't see my device when I browse to select the destination.  I can see the device (samsung note) in File Explorer just fine - but MC seems to have locked it in as a "device".

wburkett

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 09:53:23 am »

I figured out a workaround, DrKNo: I used the rename/copy function to copy the files to a folder in Documents, and THEN I'll move those files from Documents to the device folder.  More involved than it needs to be.

Thanks for your help, DrKNo.

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 10:23:00 am »

Sure, no worries. I would wager that this is some weird Windows behavior regarding devices and out of MCs reach. You might also look into MC's sync functionality. It's not directly what you are looking for, but possibly better suited. I use device sync now when copying media to my portables.
Pages: [1]   Go Up