INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving File Folders to take advantage of View Extra's  (Read 548 times)

mvandyke

• World Citizen
Moving File Folders to take advantage of View Extra's
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:02:19 am »

I have a lot of music that follows this file format and want to take advantage of "View Extra's which does not work.

Directory - Artist - Album - Year  (example George Harrison - Dark Horse - 1984)
                      Artwork
                      CD1
                      CD2

Since all of the music files are under CD1 and CD2, when playing them and using View Extra's I don't see any of the data .jpg, etc. files (and their might be 20 files with detailed notes) since all of those files are stored in the Artwork directory and not a level below the directory in which the files reside.

Is there an easy way to move the artwork files under each directory or move the music files up one level?

Is there any any way to display just those directories that meet this criteria (so that I can fix them)?

Thanks
Matt

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Moving File Folders to take advantage of View Extra's
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 10:52:58 am »

The tool that can probably do this is called Rename, Move, & Copy.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
Re: Moving File Folders to take advantage of View Extra's
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 09:48:18 am »

Yes, I've been using that feature and I believe the FileFolder expression but can't quite figure out the syntax correctly.

Any assistance on the syntax for FileFolder () or another expression to move the files in CD1 and CD2 up one level would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up