INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add string to beginning of 'name' tag  (Read 1708 times)

Hyekk

• Recent member
Add string to beginning of 'name' tag
« on: December 26, 2019, 09:12:30 pm »

I have a number of FLAC files whose 'name' or 'title' field I'd like to batch tag. I want to add a string to the beginning of this tag for each of these files.
How do I do that without having to enter it manually for all the files?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Add string to beginning of 'name' tag
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 12:45:05 am »

You would select the files you want to tag, then, in the tag window, where it should say "Varies" for the name tag, you would click to edit, and type in there...

=string [name]

The"=" being very important. When you press enter to commit your edit, the magic will happen :)

-marko

On a side note, do you really want to do that? Prepend a string to the name tag, I mean?
If it were me, I would keep my name tag clean and correct, and add my desired string to a new field that I created for that purpose, and then, if I really wanted to see them together, I would just make it so using the two fields beside each other....

Hyekk

• Recent member
Re: Add string to beginning of 'name' tag
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 07:04:12 am »

Thanks, that was indeed magic.

Yes, I very reluctantly took this step. I could not think of another solution...the string is the composer's name, and yes, I do already have a composer field, but I use Kodi to play music at home and for this particular release, a sort of anthology of Venetian church music, I can't catalogue by composer without disrupting the integrity of certain masses whose different parts have been composed by different composers...if I had access to a Kodi skin which made use of my metadata, then this would not be necessary, but that is a problem for another day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up