INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't tag 1 file from an album  (Read 1401 times)

DmitryB

• World Citizen
Can't tag 1 file from an album
« on: December 29, 2019, 03:16:58 am »

MC25 (latest version) gives me an error message about 1 DSF file in an album when I try to tag. I'm attaching the error window. The file is there, it exists, I can play it. But I can't tag it. Any idea how to solve this??

(I will say that it is a very large file, but I don't see why that should make a difference.)

Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't tag 1 file from an album
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 03:51:56 pm »

Go find that file in Finder and make sure it's not read only.  <right click on file in MC> Locate > On disk (external)

When it comes up in Finder, do "Get Info" on it (from the right click menu).  Make sure it has read/write permissions for your user.  It might also have read-write permissions for "all users"; that would be good enough.  If it's on a disk that's NTFS or something else that's not Mac native you might not have permissions and/or the whole disk might be read only.

One good thing here is that MC keeps it's metadata in it's own database.  So any changes you make to metadata will still be stored in MC, even if MC is not able to write those metadata changes back to the original file.

Brian.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
Re: Can't tag 1 file from an album
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 04:39:35 pm »

Hi Brian, thanks! All the settings are as you describe; it's also one track in an album and they all have the same settings. But this one track won't accept tags. Very odd... I even redownloaded the album in case something corrupted, but same results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up