INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3rd party tags interpretation  (Read 1688 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
3rd party tags interpretation
« on: January 09, 2020, 02:27:46 am »

Hi,

this is propably a more general thing, but I use the Linux version of MC, so I bring it up here:

I normally use the program kid3 on Mac for tagging my music (FLACs and dsf), which works great. I do this, as I use MC on a laptop that sits in a shelf and all it does is playing music, remotely controlled by MC on my Mac. So, I rip or download and prepare my music on the Mac and just copy it to the laptop and wait until MC has found it.

Since the latest version of kid3 (3.8.0), some changes in rating tag handling or writing must have been made. In older version one could write the numbers 1 to 5 in that section and MC translated this into the correct star system. Now, kid3 also uses a star system for rating (from * to *****) but MC does not understand this any more. The rating section in MC is empty. Of course I can rate the music with MC, but when I re-open those changed files with kid3, the rating section there only shows 1 star for all files, I changed with MC. Unfortunatelly I have no knowledge about tagging systems and tag versions, etc. and also couldn't find what tag versions MC is supporting.

Thanks again for any help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 3rd party tags interpretation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 06:59:30 am »

Could you email me one of the rated files where MC doesn't see the rating?  I'm matt at jriver.  Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up