INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new installation MC26 -Linux won't play WMA  (Read 1084 times)

shimrod

• Recent member
new installation MC26 -Linux won't play WMA
« on: January 11, 2020, 02:31:01 pm »

I've just upgraded my media laptop from Mint 18/MC 24 to Mint 19.3 and MC 26. Did a clean reinstall of OS and MC. I saved a library backup from my 24 installation and loaded that.

I have a number of files stored on an NAS in lossless WMA. MC26 won't play any of them. My FLAC and MP3 files seem to play fine (stored on same NAS).

During the MC26 installation file support query I selected "all" (express installation) so I didn't expect any issues

Any ideas what could be wrong? Is this a MC26 bug or do I need to change a setting?

I neglected to note, these files all played fine in MC 24 and none were ripped with DRM. Only thing that's changed is the new OS/MC installation.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: new installation MC26 -Linux won't play WMA
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 05:19:38 pm »

I've just upgraded my media laptop from Mint 18/MC 24 to Mint 19.3 and MC 26. Did a clean reinstall of OS and MC. I saved a library backup from my 24 installation and loaded that.

I have a number of files stored on an NAS in lossless WMA. MC26 won't play any of them. My FLAC and MP3 files seem to play fine (stored on same NAS).

During the MC26 installation file support query I selected "all" (express installation) so I didn't expect any issues

Any ideas what could be wrong? Is this a MC26 bug or do I need to change a setting?

I neglected to note, these files all played fine in MC 24 and none were ripped with DRM. Only thing that's changed is the new OS/MC installation.
It's probably the certificate issue preventing it from DL'ing the libav stuff.
Try the new build 26.0.16.

shimrod

• Recent member
Re: new installation MC26 -Linux won't play WMA
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 06:31:49 am »

New build did the trick. Thanks!

Also fixed the problem with license acceptance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up