INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld (Device) Re-Sync Problem  (Read 1295 times)

Gretschguy

• Recent member
Handheld (Device) Re-Sync Problem
« on: January 13, 2020, 02:47:05 pm »

I'm having trouble with re-sync on Handheld Sync on MC25 on Mac.   I accidentally posted this similar message in the feature request section of MC26 but it appears to be more of specific Mac problem / bug.

Here's the problem:   JRiver wants to re-sync ALL my song files each time I want to update the device with new songs -- If I go forward with the resync it will add a second copy of every song that is already there and will append the name with (1). 

Therefore I have to completely erase the device and fully re-sync my handheld whenever I want to update the device.  This complete re-sync takes hours since my device holds 500GB (FiiO M11 with external card).

I've seen some posts about this issue suggesting that the problem has to do with special characters in the audio path.   But I attempted to save my songs without the album in the audio path at all to avoid the special chars that I have in the album names and this did not resolve the problem.  In other words, I simplified the path down to artist / song which rarely includes special chars.   Yet, JRiver still wants to resync every song each time I restart JRiver.

Please let me know if this issue is being addressed and/or if I can provide more detailed information.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up