INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: timeshift rewind issues SOLVED  (Read 1038 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
timeshift rewind issues SOLVED
« on: January 15, 2020, 12:16:02 pm »

For some reason whenever we try to rewind a live TV program or one previously recorded we get a pop up that asks if we want save to Library backups. The only way to remove the pop up is with a keyboard and cancel it. If I click OK with a remote it goes away but then most of the remote functions do not work until I close MC and it then shows up on the desktop and I then cancel it.

I attached an image. It shows it trying to save to a library backup in MC25. I went into options and set it up to save to MC26, but it still tries to save to MC 25. I have completely removed MC25 from my computer. This started happening shortly after I upgraded to MC26. I am using the latest version.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: timeshift rewind issues
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 02:49:20 pm »

Mis-programmed key on your remote?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 03:05:20 pm »

This is your second anomaly regarding sending commands to MC: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123672.0.html

It is a bit of a large coincidence that in that case MC just started rewinding on its own, and now when you try to rewind, MC starts a backup.

Ctrl+Shift+B launches the dialogue that shows in your image.

I agree with Jim, you must be using a programmable remote control and something is wrong with its setup. Or its battery.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 04:51:19 pm »

I have to agree with both of you. Regarding my issue with rewinding on it's own it is the keyboard. if I keep it turned off I do not have the issue with it starting on it's own. However The fact that it wants to save to the library files in MC25 when I press the rewind key is really puzzling. I will look into the MCC commands tomorrow and see if anything is amiss. As I stated this problem started when I installed MC26. Is it possible when I upgraded that some of my settings got corrupted when I did the upgrade? I ordered a new keyboard and will have it tomorrow so I can see if the rewinding on it's own goes away.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 07:54:14 pm »

However The fact that it wants to save to the library files in MC25 when I press the rewind key is really puzzling.

That is normal. When you do a manual Library Backup in MC, which a Ctrl+Shift+B initiates, MC will propose the last directory used for a Library Backup, or a Library Restore. In your case, this would have been the MC25 directory. Just initiate a manual Library Backup and navigate to the appropriate MC26 directory before saving, and MC will remember that in the future. Library Restores will then default to that location as well.

That is part of the reason that I have set the Library Backup location in Options to a location that is independent of MC version. I do manual Library Backups to the same location, and hence Library Restores also default to the same location. That mixes backups from various MC versions, but that isn't an issue since I never go back more than one or two backups, and MC will load Library Backups from earlier versions no problem.

MC Uses the backup location set in Options for automatic Library Backups.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 08:38:57 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up. Curious as how my remote can send the control+shift+B command. This is coming from the rewind button that in the past has always worked properly to rewind recorded tv. I tried my HP MCE remote to see if it would do the same thing and it will not rewind it at all but it does not bring up the save as library popup. I think I will wait until my new keyboard comes in tomorrow before I change anything.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 10:49:25 am »

Solved. This morning I went into the remote commands to see if I could figure out why trying to use the rewind button caused the save to library popup. Also none of my MCE remotes would rewind the show in progress. I went into the MCC commands and noticed that the rewind command was vastly different than all of the rest of my learned commands. I relearned the command from my MX850 universal remote and saved it. Reopened the show I was watchind and it now rewinds properly and all of my MCE remotes now will rewind. What really is strange is the rewind function used to work properly until I updated to MC26. All is good now and thanks to JimH & RoderickGI for their help and suggestions.  On another note replacing my Logitech k400p keyboard solved the rewinding on its own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up