INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlists etc  (Read 5138 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
playlists etc
« on: January 17, 2020, 09:07:48 pm »

I want to create playlist of eg 70s and 80s music.

The only problem is most of my songs date have dates, is there a way to get the dates ..

Thanks for any assistance provided
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: playlists etc
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 11:48:44 am »

I think what you're asking is if original dates can be set to automatically replace dates from compilations or missing dates.  If so, you would have to update manually.

The Discogs website and Wikipaedia are a good source for this.  It's time consuming.

maid

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:22:16 pm »

I thought that on import the dates would be filled in but most of mine dont have dates, therefore I cant create 70's or any date related playlists
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 07:31:32 pm »

is there an app I can use to add missing tags in bulk???

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 10:00:42 am »

I thought that on import the dates would be filled in but most of mine dont have dates, therefore I cant create 70's or any date related playlists

If the dates weren't on the original files, they won't be in Media Center.  Don't know of a reliable app.

maid

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 07:54:54 pm »

trying music tag

WTWASP

• Recent member
  • Sometimes I feel so incomplete...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 01:22:36 am »

This sounds like some simple manual editing after importing is in order. If the info is not automatically filled in during CD read (prior to a rip) or prompting a database, then you'll have to do it "old school" ; one track/file at a time (unless multiple files share the same year, then, "batch renaming" is possible by selecting the desired (consecutive) tracks and editing the "Year" column - this will save some time).

As someone already suggested, Discogs and Wiki are great resources for getting a vast array of album information (song writing credits, songs featured on domestic and foreign releases, running times for individual songs and total time of entire album, date recorded, date released, production & mixing credits, band lineups, etc).

It's time consuming, but worth it.

If you do put such work into detailing your playlists, BE SURE to back up not only the ".m3u" playlists (by clicking "File>Export ALL Playlists" from the MC toolbar) - which ONLY stores the file location, NOT metadata or other details - but also the following ".JMD" metadata files :

browser.jmd
curplaylist.jmd
mediafiles.jmd
playlistx.jmd
removable.jmd

Selecting "File>Library>Backup Library" will export these files in a ZIP file automatically within the MC directory, but I like to make duplicate copies of these files in other locations, just to be safe... backups of the backups, as it were.
Should you need to restore these files, clicking "File>Library>Restore Library" will allow you to navigate/browse to select the last saved ZIP file containing the ".JMD" metadata files.

Restoring these files manually (as well as the m3u playlist files) is also possible. Extract the JMD files from the backup ZIP file and put them into their appropriate MC directory folder.

BTW, the above information is based on the MC v10, so unless certain things have changed within the program's functionality and options, the info above is correct.

W T WASP

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 11:41:46 am »

The MCUTIL scraper for AllMusic will capture the tyear tag from their data.  Link this to a Track Year field in your configuration file and then create a smart list to filter by Track Year.  The tyear tag in AllMusic is correct maybe 70-80% of the time which is surprisingly greater than MusicBrainz and Discogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up