INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Remote won't keep music paused on iPhone  (Read 653 times)

Skintbusker

JRiver Remote won't keep music paused on iPhone
« on: January 19, 2020, 07:23:37 am »

I am having some odd behaviour with JRemote on an iPhone 11.  I am running the latest iOS, MC 26.0.18 on Mac and JRemote 3.30 on iOS 13.3 (but believe I had this issue with MC 25 on an iPhone X.

I am streaming music from the Mac to the iPhone (this device in JRemote).  If I pause the music either from within the app or on the iPhone lock screen, and then sleep the phone by clicking the side sleep button, the music starts playing again.  Again, if I use the controls to pause it, the music pauses but as soon as I press the side button to sleep the screen the music starts up again.  IF I let the phone sleep automatically instead of pressing the side button this oddity doesn't seem to happen and the music stays paused.

Is this a bug or is there something in the settings that might explain this?

Thanks

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Remote won't keep music paused on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 02:42:27 pm »

Happens to me too.

Often I have JRemote playing via Apple CarPlay.  I take the phone out of the car into a store, and if I bring up the lock screen, JRemote starts playing music again (often quite loud!)

It happens maybe 80% of the time and i can find no pattern when it doesn't exhibit this behavior.

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

Skintbusker

Re: JRiver Remote won't keep music paused on iPhone
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 04:05:54 am »

Glad I am not the only one with this issue.

I am in the process of ripping my CD collection and I want to be able to relax in an evening browsing through the 5,000+ albums I have ripped so far, rating songs and building playlists via an iPad. This was one of the deciding factors in moving to Media Center over iTunes. However, not being able to reliably pause the music is so disruptive to those around me that it is preventing me from doing so!

If this is a bug will it be addressed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up