INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center can play DSF track but won't import it via Drives & Devices  (Read 486 times)

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen

I rip all of my SACDs to DSF files using an Oppo 105. So far, I've ripped about 50 of them without any problems - until today.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/28569-sacd-ripping-using-an-oppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true

This has never previously caused any issue for Media Center, which I use to sort out all the metadata tags, but today's rip of an SACD issued in 2018 is suffering from an import problem with track 7 of the multi-channel layer. When I browse to the relevant folder via Drives & Devices, all the tracks are visible except track 7. I tried viewing this track in an old version of Mp3tag, which claimed that it contained a bad tag. However, the latest version of Mp3tag has no problem with it.

When viewing the track in Windows 10 File Manager, I can click it and will play it via Media Center. Quite by chance, I then noticed that right clicking the file in Media Center's Player window offered me an 'Import into Library' option. This worked fine, thus solving my primary problem.

However Media Center's Drives & Devices browser still refuses to acknowledge the existence of this track (this is true for MC 24, 25 & 26). Can anyone explain this strange behaviour?
Pages: [1]   Go Up