INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA renderer/client (Samsung TV) only plays 1 song  (Read 845 times)

jakoboutzen

• Recent member
DLNA renderer/client (Samsung TV) only plays 1 song
« on: January 19, 2020, 04:04:02 pm »

3 weeks ago I installed the mc 25 (25.0.114 - 64 bit) on a windows 10 laptop computer (HP), and discovered that the when selecting my living room tv (samsung), the TV only plays the first song. The next song loads, and I hear something like the first second, then it stops playing. This happens regardless which playlist I choose. I have a second TV (samsung - smaller model) in my kitchen, and there is no problem playing to this TV. Both TV's are connected to my Lan with net cable.

I have a second pc - win 7 box - and much older. The plan is that I will retire it when the setup on my new pc is working. The MC version on this box is exactly the same.
I have no problem playing music from this box to any of the above mentioned TV's??
I have tried going through all settings within the "Media Network" (tools/options), no differences. I noticed that I could choose a samsung DLNA server under "Add or configure DLNA servers" and also tried this, but problem remains.
Cannot figure out what the problem is, however think the logically it must be a different setting within the MC which makes the difference, otherwise - if it were a windows thing - the problem would also exist when I play a song on the kitchin TV, and if it was something to to with my living room tv, I would have the same problem from my old pc.
Any Idears where to look? :-)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA renderer/client (Samsung TV) only plays 1 song
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 04:49:39 pm »

On your old Windows 7 PC, under Playing Now, right-click on the Livingroom Samsung TV listing, and note the "Associate with DLNA Server" setting and all settings under "DLNA Controller Options". Then check the same settings on the Windows 10 PC.

It is probably the "SetNext Support" or "Transport Events" setting.

Of course, you will need a DLNA server set up on the Windows 10 PC with the same settings as the Windows 7 PC, and it will need to be associated with the Samsung TV. If you only have one DLNA server set up on the Windows 7 PC, then MC will use that server by default with both TVs. But I suspect that your Livingroom Samsung TV has different capabilities to your Kitchen Samsung TV, in which case you will need to have a DLNA server set up for each TV, and will need to associate the correct DLNA server with each TV.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 04:11:59 am »

It is probably the "SetNext Support" or "Transport Events" setting.

Yup, it sounds like SetNext to me too. :)

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

jakoboutzen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 01:10:33 pm »

Yes - that was it ... checking the  "DLNA Controller Options" (right click on device) - the "Disable SetNext Support ..." option was checked on the old win 7 box. After selecting it on the new win 10 box, it works!
Thks thks thks .... spent hours trying to figure out the problem ... I must have checked this option when I installed the old MC back in april 2019 ... not even a year ago ... dammm - but happy it was a simple solution :-) :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up