INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date Fields  (Read 617 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Date Fields
« on: February 01, 2020, 12:28:55 pm »

Hi:

Couple of questions around Dates.  What is different between the date, year and album year? I haven't looked to see what something like Musicbrainz uses. I notice the "date" field seems to default in list views for such list as playing now, files etc., and in the field, the date mostly is a year, but some items (I guess tracks) show a day,mth,year.  I haven't found a date format setting.  I have seen that the date "could" be saved in the file, and that could account for this, although I never intentionally saved this. 

Dates drive me crazy, and I fully admit it's not healthy!.  I do draw the line and refuse to have stress over multiple dates, like original release date, re-issue date etc.  To me, dates and most metadata are useful in building ways to play music, and perhaps nickel information which can be readily found on line.

Have we enough on dates yet? Answers would be helpful.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up