INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Column Sizing  (Read 963 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Column Sizing
« on: February 03, 2020, 08:49:49 am »

Matt:  I noticed a fix you made around Aug 2019 on this subject.  Is it possible to manually set the width of columns and have that saved for the view it was set for?  Say, I'm viewing Audio/Files, I would like to set the columns that I want visable (I know how to do this-though I do not know how to save them), and size the width to my preference, then save them so no matter where else I've been viewing, when I return to Audio/Files(even after a restart), I will always get the same columns and saved widths.

I have tried combinations of auto size column and auto size widths and either get columns that are too wide for my preference, or too narrow showing no data without dragging the columns wider.

My display is a 4K TV and I generally have the Media Center font set to 14.  Using latest version 25.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Column Sizing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:13:09 am »

If you resize columns, the settings will be remembered unless you turn on auto-size (which overrides).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

larryrup

• World Citizen
Re: Column Sizing
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 02:56:20 pm »

Matt

Thanks for the answer.  While I've gotten the columns I want to display to stay, I continue to have a problem with keeping column widths.  Sorry if this sounds trivial, but I have spent hours changing the view for all smart and playlist on two different machines …. I'm debating beating the dog ;))   I'm attaching a before and after snap of what was set (before) and what it looks like after a program close (after).  I don't have the time to re-create the problem again (I just did that).  The pictures are represented of what is happening.  Any testing you suggest I'd be happy to perform.

It might be helpful if I understood what the difference is between the "Auto Size columns" and "Auto Size Width".  I could not find a descrption of these two options.  I have both unchecked.  Would also be helpful understanding what the app is doing....does it save the positions on close, or at some defined interval....does each PC keep the columns and widths or are they from the library server ….stuff like that.  Since generally I don't shut down the PC's nor close Media Center, I was believing the positions were not saved say on a forced shut down, or crash.  I know changes I've made did not appear saved under this kind of event, but I was never sure if it was really the event or perhaps something else

Last night, I resized all the columns for each category on one PC (PC-1 the one that I am using as a Library Server).  I tested it with a close of Media Center and a PC re-start and all widths were the same before and after.  Haven't looked at this since last night.  Today I re-sized all the category views on a second PC (PC-2, that is using the PC-1 library server).  Each of these PC's has thier own copy of Media Center running.  In fact each also has a Media Center server running.  I have a reason for this that I won't explain here unless its helpful in troubleshooting.  PC-2 uses a 65" 4k TV as display, Pc-1 uses a dual monitor set up.  The windows graphics settings on either  machine have had no changes during all of this.  While I do not have to use a library server on a second PC, I at least thought this was advertised as a best practice when two PC's are running MC.  It also (I think) keeps playing stats accurate and allows meta data editing to be done on one hard drive.

Help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Larry

Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up