INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genre Problem  (Read 778 times)

torbenl

Genre Problem
« on: February 04, 2020, 12:06:41 pm »

Hello

I have this strange problem, that JRiver 25, 64-bits changes the genres every time I start the program.

I have by default 45 genres but every times I open JRiver it shows a different number of genres.

Some files - could be in the thousands - have changed to f. ex. satire, humor, duets, booty base etc.

I have to run Backup4All every time I start JRiver in order to get back to 45 genres.
I have a backup of JRiver library.
The default library does not help at all.

My music files are tagged with dB poweramp, which still shows f. ex. "Solo Piano" while JRiver show f. ex. "Ballads"
Normally JRiver easily reads dB poweramp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

torbenl

Re: Genre Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 12:14:40 pm »

I have some music files - 3 files out of an album with 14 files - that is marked exactly the same way with dBpower amp.

But for some reason JRiver 25 cannot show these files.
It plays the all right - but the files does not show up in the library even when I manuelly import the folder.

I read about "removed database" on a smart list !!

What on Earth is that all about ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 05:55:30 pm »

More than likely those 3 files have incorrect tags, so they are in MC, but just not shown as part of the Album. Fix the tags.

Regarding the "Removed Database" search the forum for that term and you will find lots of information. But that is very unlikely to be your issue here.

Same problem over here:
I have this strange problem, that JRiver 25, 64-bits changes the genres every time I start the program.

MC doesn't Change Genres for no reason. It will monitor for external changes to files, such as tags being changed, and update its Library with the new information. There is a setting in Auto Import configuration to "Update for external changes". You need that turned on as you are tagging in DBPoweramp, so you can't turn it off to fix this issue.

Look to what you are doing in DBPoweramp. That is probably the cause.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

torbenl

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 06:26:34 am »

Hello Forum

I am using JRiver 25 64-bits for win 10

All my music files are tagged with dBpoweramp tags, and the information matches with "properties" for the files.

But when I let JRiver 25 read the files it cannot get the "genres" right.

I have deleted the library several times and started a new library, but the same faults keeps appearing in "genres"

From where does JRiver get the "genre" information ??
Does anybody know a solution to this problem ??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 06:50:22 am »

MC reads the tags from your files.  If the genre is wrong there, it will be wrong in MC.  Try retagging your files.  The wiki has information on tagging.

I've combined your posts into one thread.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 06:58:41 am »

All my music files are tagged with dBpoweramp tags, and the information matches with "properties" for the files.
"Properties"?  In Windows Explorer?

What format are the files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up