INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id unstable and "disappearing" from network and not discovered by my Win PC  (Read 551 times)

mjbuchanan

• Recent member

I've been having more trouble than usual (the Id has never been rock solid on my network) with the Id "disappearing" on my network.  Here's the scenario:
> Id connected in my living room via Ethernet and HDMI to an HDMI switch ( connected to TV).  Recently updated the Id and have at least MC22 running on the Id I believe.
> Id is running (after NUC power cycle/reboot), GUI is visible on the TV/monitor.
> At some point I usually switch away from the Id display, let's say to watch TV.
> I'm expecting that the Id and MC(on the Id) will be available always after that.  Almost every time at some point if I go to access the Id via JRemote , JRemote will not "see" the Id.  Also, the Id does not appear on my Win PC with MC26(or 25, 24 for that matter).
> I try to switch to the actual Id in the living room and there is no display.  It appears to have crashed or just hung without display output...not sure.
> I can then power cycle the NUC and the display returns.  Id boots, MC appears, JRemote is able to see and control the Id (but not the WinPC for some reason).
> Then "rinse, wash, repeat" same thing occurs at some point.

This is very flaky and frustrating.  It is used to be more stable, but never rock solid as it would only occasionally decide to go on vacation and disappear from the network. 

-Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up