INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26 feature request: add option for "mini View" to be visible onALL workspaces  (Read 816 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen

Currently, enabling "Mini View" (CTL +1) only allows for this view to be seen and used on the desktop on which "mini view" was enabled. If you have multiple workspaces in use the second you switch to a different workspace "mini view" disappears and you no longer have easy control of the transport button functions without switching workspaces (a necessity to conveniently control and use MC26 in Ubuntu).

IMO, this problem would be resolved by implementing MPRIS2 support, but in the meantime, allowing "mini view" to be visible on ALL workspaces would go a long way to making MC26 more usable and controllable.

Such an option is already implemented with detachable "cover art" where option "CTL +6" permits detaching the cover art of the currently playing track to a separate resizeable window, then right clicking on the header bar of the detached window and selecting "always on visible workspace".

BUG: Unfortunately, this option (detachable cover art window") stops working when switching between "CTL+1" and "CTL +2" and when stopping and restarting playback it looses the setting "always on visible workspace" so that it doesn't appear on all work spaces after restarting playback from a full stop.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

I liked this idea a lot so it will be in the next build.
You can enable/disable it in Options-> Tree and View -> Advanced

geier22

• Galactic Citizen

I solved this problem with the Cairo Dock. There is an option for every open task: Display on all desktops.
But it would be better if you could set it in the MC.
I'm looking forward to Bob's solution.
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen

I liked this idea a lot so it will be in the next build.
You can enable/disable it in Options-> Tree and View -> Advanced

Many thanks Bob, it looks like it works in 26.0.26.  :)
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS
Pages: [1]   Go Up