INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Get the Tag Window Fields Same as the Curent View?  (Read 635 times)

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
How to Get the Tag Window Fields Same as the Curent View?
« on: February 06, 2020, 06:38:56 pm »

Since about MC12 I've had views setup as I like them for Video, Audio, Images.
I'm sure everyone does something similar.

The thing that I really like about that, is that when I go to the Tag Window, the fields shown in the View, also show in the Tag Window.
In large part, that's why I made my various media and task specific views the way I did.

However, I see there's a way more complex customisable setup in MC26 that I just have no use for.
I really just want the tag window to simply show the fields that are in the current view.

Can MC26 do as shown in the attachment?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Get the Tag Window Fields Same as the Curent View?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 11:44:06 pm »

The answer to your question is "yes".

You have two options here...
In the customise dialogue of the new tag window, under the "Add" button, there is a "Visible Fields" option that does exactly as you request. If that were all you ever really wanted to see, you would add that, and remove everything else.

I do however, highly recommend giving the new tag window a try-out. Sure, there may be some requisite customising while you get it just the way you like it, but once you're there, you'll never look back.

The second option, (and possibly your preferred option) is to hold down the shift key whilst you press "Tag" in the action window.
Now you will have the familiar old tag window. You do not have to hold down shift every time you open it. MC will remember. Holding down shift toggles between the two, so if you hold down shift the next time, you will be back at the new tag window.

-marko.

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
Re: How to Get the Tag Window Fields Same as the Curent View?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 05:11:00 am »

Sweet.
I'll find uses for both of those.
Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up