INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 2 - Add to playlist from now playing - feature request  (Read 705 times)

jaiwant_alex

• Recent member
JRemote 2 - Add to playlist from now playing - feature request
« on: February 08, 2020, 06:36:37 am »

Please add an option to add a song to a playlist from Now Playing. Its unnecessarily complicqted to go back to the folder/album, find the file and add

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote 2 - Add to playlist from now playing - feature request
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 11:52:30 am »

How else would you imagine you find the file to add?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jaiwant_alex

• Recent member
Re: JRemote 2 - Add to playlist from now playing - feature request
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 12:57:22 am »

How else would you imagine you find the file to add?

Short answer : a file that is already playing.

Here are two examples where I would want to do this - I hope they will make my point a little clearer

1) A folder with a large number of files is playing - say a large compilation or a classical album with a large number of small pieces (in the case of classical music, possibly with similar names, possibly in a language other than English)
2) Play Doctor has generated a playlist, 100 random songs from the library.

In the above situations, when I hear something I like and I want to add it to a playlist, I should be able to add the song which is playing from Now Playing, so that i can access it easily later. I should not  have to scroll through a hundred files, or navigate through the library to find the file and add it to a playlist

This is something quite basic which is possible to do in MC; I should be able to do it on a remote
Pages: [1]   Go Up