INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uninstall MC  (Read 696 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Uninstall MC
« on: February 12, 2020, 10:27:47 am »

Hi
I have 2 old MC 22 and 25 besides 26. I would like to uninstall 22 and 25. Can I just uninstall the normal way with Revo or Windows 10 with my library and all settings in 26 untouched?
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Uninstall MC
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 11:53:02 am »

You can, but I would advise not to use Revo.
Just use the entry in add/remove programs, tell it to remove library and registry entries.

When you're done with that, reinstall MC26 and you should be good to go from there.

-marko.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 11:55:39 am »

Hi
I have 2 old MC 22 and 25 besides 26. I would like to uninstall 22 and 25. Can I just uninstall the normal way with Revo or Windows 10 with my library and all settings in 26 untouched?

If you use Add/Remove programs to uninstall, I would advise you to check the following location after you uninstall and the version you wish to use is up and running successfully:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\J River

If you find any 'Media Center' folders other than 'Media Center 26', you will want to manually delete these.  They all use large amounts of disk space and will sit around forever unused.

Captor

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 10:17:02 am »

You can, but I would advise not to use Revo.
Just use the entry in add/remove programs, tell it to remove library and registry entries.

When you're done with that, reinstall MC26 and you should be good to go from there.

-marko.
Hi both, shall I really remove the library? I just uninstalled JRiver 22 and it (message from MC) said during the uninstallation to NOT remove the library when upgrading. I did wait with JRiver 25 because I want to wait until your answer on that.
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:50:42 pm »

If you have already installed MC26 as you suggest, then your library will have already been ported from v25 to v26 by the installer. You have already upgraded. You no longer require the The library, or anything else to do with older versions in the appdata folder hilighted by Jamil. So, yes, remove the library :)

The library used by MC26 will remain untouched.

The reason I suggest reinstalling MC26 afterwards is that sometmes, especially with things like 3rd party plugins, uninstalling the older versions can break things in MC26, which are corrected by a reinstall.

-marko

Captor

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 01:20:11 pm »

Dear Marko,

OK, thanks for the explanation. I will do that then.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 01:25:41 pm »

OK, done it now. Both MC 22 and 25 are gone. Donīt know however about the library for MC22 since I dis not tick that box about deleting that. It is probably still somewhere on the harddrive. But MC 26 is working just fine and the skin (Black and Blue) is still there as well. I have also deleted the 2 folders in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\J River. Thank you very much guys!
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up