INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: father has beginning stages of dem help buidling theaterview on his old sharp Tv  (Read 2018 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

hello my dad been hit w/ alz/dem.

im looking for a cost effective way to get his pc's JRiver 21/Theaterview/in another room/Ethernet connection. to another room ONTO his 50 inch sharp HDTV w/ HDMI ports. (with theaterviews easy interface... up/down/left/right/enter.)

He has wireless throughout the house
i have numeros BT keyboards/mice/all in ones/phones/tablets.

is a stick w/ win 10 built in the best route? pros/cons/ link to the best setup please.

one of those cast devices/chromecast?

or old school way, and buy him a pc/cables, and start building?

the least amount of hiccups the better.. ive used chromecasts before and know they can loose connection/b finicky.. i'd like to find a sure fire way to keep things simple... setup his harmony remote/watch tv activity/watch HTPC activity (as i have mine personally set up), and his tv simply switches input/remote goes into HTPC mode.. and he can see theaterview, and control w/ up/down/left/right/select.

thnx for any light that can b shed.

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

ohh, to add. i also purchased one of those alexas a few mnths back.. my thought/after some scouring.. was to somehow implement this alexa into this tv/theaterview/harmony setup... if possible/anyone's dabbled.?
TIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up