INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A plug-in to arrange my albums by rating  (Read 1565 times)

JarkkoK

• Recent member
A plug-in to arrange my albums by rating
« on: February 20, 2020, 04:56:36 am »

Is there a plug-in (or other solution) that would calculate (based on my rating for each song on the album) an total average rating for each album and show it to me in a list somehow?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A plug-in to arrange my albums by rating
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:53 am »

You don't need a plugin, you need a variable that calculates your album ratings. See this thread to get you started....
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72049.msg487368#msg487368

JarkkoK

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 09:20:59 am »

Ok. I did that and got some very mystic results. For some albums this works fine. For some not. It's too technical stuff in the thread you linked.

rts100x5

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 06:12:55 pm »

why cant you just use the SORT BY > RATING within JRiver ?

wer

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 06:26:02 pm »

You don't need a plugin, and you don't need global variables either.

If you use a Panes view, and add Rating as one of the panes, JRiver will show you a rating for your album.

If you want to display album ratings in other types of views, please see my tutorial on this exact subject from last year:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=122114.0

This happens to be the first search result if you google "jriver display album ratings".

And as has been mentioned, you can sort by rating even if it is not displayed.

Good luck...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 06:31:44 pm »

Old thread, but...

Indeed. In Standard View using the Album View, add [Rating] to the Thumbnail text so you can see it, and MC will produce an average for display. Then sort by [Rating] and you have a View of Album listed from the highest to lowest average rating.

Done.

For Theatre View, follow Wer's advice.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up