INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Duplicated Name, Album different file type  (Read 811 times)

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
Smartlist Duplicated Name, Album different file type
« on: February 20, 2020, 09:12:14 pm »

Over the years I have ripped the same CD into different file formats. Now it is time to cleanup the database. The following code finds duplicate names AND duplicate Albums

[Media Type]=[Audio] ~dip=[Name] ~dup=[Album]

I want to add one more condition, that is different file types. Would you please help? Also I couldn't find a definition for command ~differences. TIA

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist Duplicated Name, Album different file type
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 11:26:16 pm »

As per the Wiki, you can reduce that Dup functions down to:

~dup=[Name],[Album]

That will show you all potential duplicates by Name and Album as you say, and will include all duplicates with different File Types, which you can show in a View or Smartlist, and hence decide what to keep. So if you have ripped to MP3, AAC, and FLAC, you will see all three versions and decide what to keep.

I'm not sure what you want to do with the File Type and ~differences. Are you expecting to find multiple FLAC versions, and only want to show the one FLAC file and the MP3, or something?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 06:27:16 am »

I want to find duplicate names with same album names but different file types.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 03:20:20 pm »

Just ~dup=[Name],[Album] should do that.

If you have tried that, what isn't it doing for you? Maybe some examples.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 05:21:17 pm »

It produces duplicate names & album. This query output is large. I have a large database. So I am trying to filter one more time for different file type. I am also trying to understand the query language better. I read the wiki and didn't find a definition for ~difference. Thanks for your help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 09:49:40 pm »

Okay, as you are only trying to shorten the list, I suggest you use something other than the File Type to select what to show. For a start, when showing duplicates you would want to show the FLAC, MP3, AAC, etc. versions together, so selecting of File Type wouldn't make sense, at least to me.

I suggest you create a Pane type of view using ~dup=[Name],[Album] as the selection criteria, and then set up a Pane Category of Album and set a Group Size of 3. I added a File Type Category so that after select the "J-L" Group, for example, I could easily compare the files, then just select the MP3 files and delete them, if that was my choice. I also added a "File Path" (shown as "Location") Category so that I could easily see where the duplicates were stored, and if they were all in one folder, just select that folder to show only the duplicates, regardless of the file type, and delete the duplicates.

See the attached images for how I set that up.

PS: I haven't found a definition for ~differences either, other than when the function was added back in MC18. But I haven't tried to work out exactly how it would be used. But if you do the above, it won't be required.

23.0.88 (12/6/2017)
5. NEW: Added the smartlist rule "Only differences of" the will find files with different values in the selected fields.

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 02:14:18 pm »

Thank you very much. I'll follow your advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up