INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does USB-UIRT work with MC26 on Windows 10?  (Read 788 times)

Sheoke

• Recent member
Does USB-UIRT work with MC26 on Windows 10?
« on: February 24, 2020, 05:24:41 am »

Hello,

I have had a USB-UIRT for a few years and I'm wondering if anyone has had an success with it recently using Windows 10?

Cheers

henkeli

• Recent member
Re: Does USB-UIRT work with MC26 on Windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 02:19:20 pm »

Hello,

I have had a USB-UIRT for a few years and I'm wondering if anyone has had an success with it recently using Windows 10?

Cheers

Yes!
I have a really old SIIG USB IR receiver and an equally old Logitech Harmony 300 remote. I added the USB device to MyHarmony and just picked a Diamond MCE entry or whatever because they did not have the exact model of the SIIG in their database.
JRiver recognizes the remote as MCE and I think I had to "learn" the STOP and CHAPTER NEXT/PREVIOUS commands but everything else worked just fine. Can now control Theater View, my AVR, and my PJ with the old-ass Harmony 300.

Sheoke

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 03:21:50 am »

Yes!
I have a really old SIIG USB IR receiver and an equally old Logitech Harmony 300 remote. I added the USB device to MyHarmony and just picked a Diamond MCE entry or whatever because they did not have the exact model of the SIIG in their database.
JRiver recognizes the remote as MCE and I think I had to "learn" the STOP and CHAPTER NEXT/PREVIOUS commands but everything else worked just fine. Can now control Theater View, my AVR, and my PJ with the old-ass Harmony 300.

Thanks henkeli,

Your response was very timely and encouraging as after many months I have finally integrated my Dell uPC (HTPC with wifi) and JR26 into my stereo sysyem and I'm keen to get the remote working.

I know I could use the IOS app JRemote which I have heard is highly regarded but I baulk at having to fire up my wifi network every time I want to play an album. I am assuming here that an ad hoc wifi connection is not possible between my iPad and my HTPC?

Many thanks,

Sheoke

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 03:33:52 am »

I am assuming here that an ad hoc wifi connection is not possible between my iPad and my HTPC?

I think I'll post this question to the Remotes forum ok?

Cheers,
Pages: [1]   Go Up