INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make playlist update itself with new artists from the genres selected?  (Read 617 times)

Serega_M1978

Hi, guys!

Did search this forum but didn't find the answer to my specific question, so here I am :)

The question is: can I just once create a playlist and then let it update itself when new artists/albums are added? Here is my example - I made a playlist for the home parties to which I put some genres, like "rock", "electronic", etc., and did not put something my guests would not appreciate, like "metal" ;) So, it was created with all the artists currently listed under the genres I put to my playlist. Yet, I am constantly adding more music to my library, but the playlist seems to be static - i.e. it is the way the date it was created on, ignoring all the new stuff I did put to my library (belonging to the genres which are already in playlist, of course, like "rock") since then. The question is - is there a way for this PlayList to update itself with all the new stuff, or I need to do it manually from time to time, and if I need to do - what is the best way to do it? :) Thanks in advance and awaiting of your reply :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Make playlist update itself with new artists from the genres selected?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:42:42 am »

Smartlists will do that.  The wiki has more information on them.

Serega_M1978

Re: Make playlist update itself with new artists from the genres selected?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 07:53:34 am »

Thanks, man, this is what I needed! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up