INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download Image From File Server - Removed files and playlist from Server  (Read 470 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I downloaded some image files to my client from a remote server in client/server mode. The files transferred correctly. However, now when I look back on the server within MC, the files and the playlist they were in seem to be gone. It is hard to troubleshoot, since the server is 1500 miles away.  But, I have the files on my client, but I cannot find them in MC on the server when I connect in client/server mode.  I do not want to do any more testing for fear of possibly removing more files.  I cannot tell if the files are gone from the disk, or just from the MC library.  Not sure what happened?

Windows 10 - MC 26.0.24

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Download Image From File Server - Removed files and playlist from Server
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 11:40:45 am »

Download from Library Server should not touch the files on the server.  They will still be there.

If they're no longer showing up, maybe check that you're viewing all files?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:01:25 pm »

On the server, the only Years shown in Calendar are 2015 and 2019.  The images on my local system (the client) are in folders 2007, 2009, 2012, 2017. Those are the folders from the download using [Year] as the folder name.  But those years are gone from the server.

Even stranger, the Playlists that referenced the images that I downloaded, no longer have those images in them. One slideshow that had 75+ slides in it, now has only two - two files that I did not download because they were videos, not images.  It looks like the download deleted the image references in the playlists.

It certainly seems strange, but it really looks like those files and the references in the playlists are gone from the Server library.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 11:20:40 am »

Note that the only way I can view the server is through client/server. I am not local to the server. Is it possible that the server library is intact and that the problem shows only because I am viewing it through client/server?  This is all a little baffling.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 12:26:34 pm »

Can you get into the server another way... RDP or FTP? the you could check the file system outside of MC for verification?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 12:49:00 pm »

Unfortunately, no.  I usually just let  that system sit while I am gone and use it to serve  music/images through MC. It is not set up to do remote access other than through MC.

If nobody else sees this behavior, I will just wait until I return there in May.  If what I say is true, I can fix it from backups.  I mostly wanted to see if anyone could reproduce this and to warn people of what I am seeing, even though it makes no sense.  I like this new feature. It lets me transfer files to my local system if I forget to move them before coming to FL for the winter.  But I am a little gun shy at this point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up